There are 53 item(s) tagged with the keyword "coronavirus".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 53
“Compared to the crisis period, the share of people adhering to a savings policy in economic behavior has decreased: 68% of Russians believe that it is better to spend as little as possible, saving as much as possible for the future.”
– Results of a poll conducted by the Russian Public Opinion Center, on how Russians are saving and spending money
“You see, this is all the food industry. Unfortunately, the food industry is killing us on par with tobacco.”
– Doctor and TV presenter Alexander Myasnikov, on the common mistakes people make when they’re trying to eat right
"McDonald's is expanding its geographic presence and plans to open the first factories in the Far Eastern Federal District in December 2020."
– Press announcement by McDonald’s, which plans to open its first restaurants in Russia’s Far East
This week Russians get diet advice, the president of Belarus gets kicked out of a neighboring country, and even cats aren't excused from social distancing.
“If the government thinks that it [wearing masks] is necessary, it should provide them free of charge, just like shoe covers are provided free of charge in medical organizations.”
“Thank you, I have said everything. You can shout 'Leave'.”
– Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko in response to workers at the Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant
St. Petersburg saw over 2,000 attendees at its stand-up-paddleboard (SUP) festival this year, many in costume and with pets in tow.
“You risk getting an upset stomach, but there is no scientific evidence for this fact.”
- An announcement from Russia’s Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing, on the incorrect way to eat melons
“I have nothing to share.”
– Comedian Maksim Galkin in response to journalists asking him about rumors of divorce between him and his wife, the musical icon Alla Pugacheva.
The President of Russia's neighboring Belarus says he had coronavirus, but even that didn't keep him down.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Refine your search and try again.
Russian Life is a publication of a 30-year-young, award-winning publishing house that creates a bimonthly magazine, books, maps, and other products for Russophiles the world over.
PO Box 567
Montpelier VT 05601-0567